Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Days of Thanks (1-3)

I seen many Facebook statuses over the past few days listing things people are thankful, 1 for each day of the month of November. I often find myself complaining rather than being thankful so I thought I would take this as an opportunity to express thanks to God for so many blessings and to challenge myself to write 1 post each day for a whole month. (Yes, I know, I'm setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm doing it anyway!)

Of course I am thankful for Jeff, Lucy, family, friends, food, clothing, and all other necessities of life, so I thought it would be more fun to focus on 1 thing that I am thankful for that happened each day. Hopefully you will feel inspired to thank God for some pretty great blessings in your day as well.

Nov.1: I'm thankful that yesterday was Halloween and that Lucy went trick-or-treating for the 1st time at the age of 2 because she can't really eat all types of candy yet so I get to help her out! (Since that was really about yesterday, I'll do another for today.) I'm thankful that I get to stay home and teach my crazy Goose because we have so much fun and it's way better than teaching other people's kids. (Not that I'm not thankful for the time I had doing that; this is just more fun.)

Nov.2: I'm thankful for CVS because I saved $19 today, only spent $3.39, and got toilet paper for $.20.

Nov. 3: I'm thankful for cleaning out my wallet and checking the balances on all of our gift cards to find that we have $7.45 at Target, $6.36 at Dunkin Donuts, $6.85 at Moes, $50 at Victoria's Secret, $8.53 at Cracker Barrel, and $4.83 at Starbucks to spend! What a great day!!! (I'm also thankful for the many family and friends who gave us the gift cards.)

No comments:

Post a Comment