Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Haircut Day!!!


Today just so happens to be my favorite day of the month... Haircut Day!!! I don't know if it's the fresh aroma of hair products, the gentle massage as the stylist separates and clips dead ends, or the ability to read gossip magazines without judgement, but haircut day definitely puts me in a good mood. The only drawback from today's visit was sitting in front of my incredibly tan stylist in my pasty white skin. I immediately scolded myself for trying to find inside things for Lucy and I to fill our days with so we don't melt outside in the blazing heat. It takes a lot to ruin a good mood on haircut day so I quickly made a mental note to find more activities to do in the sun and didn't give it a second thought. After some glorious time at the salon, my good mood and I had the opportunity to do a little shopping. We "buzzed" down to Bumble Boutique (I couldn't resist) to look for a gift for Jeff's cousin who will be turning 6 in the next few weeks. While I did not find anything thing for Emilee, I did find a precious bathing suit for my Goose (which she is modeling in the picture) and her Easter dress for next year! Now, Jeff and I are very particular about the bathing suits we put this child in. We feel that we need to protect her innocence for as long as we can. I will not get started on how frustrated I get when young, beautiful girls do not respect the precious bodies God has given them or the integrity of the young men they are trying to attract. However, this bathing suit is just adorable and covers most of the body so we both approve.

In other news, my latest item to invent (since the whole "Bibie" thing didn't work out- who knew it already exists???) is gloves to be used when cooking. The thought came to me as I was getting grossed out while preparing meatloaf for dinner. I suppose one could just use rubber cleaning gloves (never used for cleaning, of course) but the thought of using gloves meant for cleaning also grosses me out. I'll be sure to post my infomercial here before it is advertised on TV... Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. love to see her in something more revealing...birthday suit? no point having a gorgeous little body if you don't show it

    ReplyDelete