Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Playing Catch-Up!!!

Oh, it's been a busy couple of weeks. Here are some updates...
Lucy Goose is getting smarter and smarter by the minute. Her latest display of geniousness includes counting and imitating the ABC's. If you say, "1" Lucy says, "2". If she has an item in each hand (ex. a brush in each hand), she says, "2 ______" (ex. 2 brushes). Not only does Lucy imitated letters when you say them, but she also says the sound that they make. I'm telling you, she will be off to Harvard by the time she's 10. She has also discovered who the Gamecocks really are. Of course I blogged a few weeks ago about how she says, "Geecocks" when she sees a picture or image of the Gamecock mascot, but she was formally introduced to the Gamecock football players last Thursday night. We allowed her to stay up an extra few minutes to watch kickoff and now any time she passes he Memaw and Pepaw's TV, she says, "Geecocks" and does a precious little dance. (She doesn't do that when she sees anyone else's TV so I guess she thinks they only play on Memaw and Pepaw's TV.) I will do my best to get some video of our little Cocky doing her dance in her cheerleading uniform this weekend.
Today she proved herself to be a true southern belle by insisting on wearing her Memaw's pearls after nap time. (Sorry no pics of the Princess in her pearls; I've gotten very slack with the picture taking.) Not only is she a brilliant, athletic, beautifully fashionable girl, but she is also growing spiritually. While I was reading her Bible story tonight, she looked at the picture and said, "Jesus". (Very clearly, I might add.) That is just music to a Mommy's ears!

We have also begun redecorating/repainting the living room, hallway, Lucy's bathroom and surprisingly, the kitchen. The painting in the living room is done. We just have a few more things to hang and we're good to go. All that is left in the hallway and kitchen is the trim, touch-ups and, of course, hanging things. I haven't started on Lucy's bathroom, but I have found the decor. We're going for a sophisticated ocean theme...

http://www.amazon.com/Tiddliwinks-Seahorse-Bath-Coordinates/dp/B003FPVHAO

(I couldn't get the pictures to come up so follow this link for the complete collection.) We are going to throw some pink in there as well (of course). And, I'm looking at bubble wall decals and vinyl letters to say "Life is the Bubbles... Under the Sea". I'll be sure to post pics when everything is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment