Thursday, August 5, 2010

Family Vacation


Every year my family (see above photo) enjoys a wonderful beach vacation in Florida. That's right, friends; 16 of my closest relatives all under one roof!!! This vacation has changed a bit over the years. In middle/high school we (the original grandkids) were not so excited to leave our friends and social lives to spend a week whole with our family. We always had a GREAT time with our somewhat odd (at times) family but, since this tradition started before the days of cell phones, it was hard to leave our extremely important lives for a week.

Now, 3 spouses (not all belonging to one individual, of course) and 4 new grandkids later, this week is one that I look forward to all year. Perhaps it's because we all have cell phones, but more likely because it's a week to get away from my daily routine and spend time with family I don't get to see very often. Usually towards the end of vacations I think, "this has been fun and all, but I have much to do when I get home so lets just get on with it." Not with this vacation. Towards the end I get that summers-over-and-school-starts-soon, Sunday-night-the-weekends-over, kind of feeling. It was so fun watching all of the little kids interact (I'm not sure "play" is the appropriate word) and getting to read by the pool while Lucy took a nap and someone else listened for her to wake up, wasn't so bad either! Other highlights...


Baby Bath Club met each afternoon before dinner and briefly after family pictures.




3 nights of family pictures

Recognizing the need for CPA (Coach Purse Anonymous).
*Note* These were all purchased this week.

2 comments:

  1. Lauren I am loving these fam pics...and need to know where you got the cute romper (is that what it is - with the little sash)? ADORABLE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a romper and I'm in love it!!! I would wear it everyday if that were socially allowed! I got it from Anthropologie.

    ReplyDelete