Sunday, January 8, 2012

E is for Eggs (Pruitt Preschool)

If you're looking for D week, click here. I typed the post weeks ago but didn't finish it until this week and forgot to change the date so it would show up in the right order.

I do not like green eggs and ham; I do not like them Lauren I am. I do not like them in my house, I do not like them when I'm out. I do not like them when I cook, I do not like them in a book. I do not like them... You get the point: I DO NOT LIKE EGGS! I don't like the smell, I don't like the texture, I don't like the taste. I just don't like them. When I was pregnant with Lucy, I woke up 1 morning craving them. It was during the yucky, sick all the time stage where I was only eating toast and cheerios so to crave something was reason enough to make them. About 2 hour laster I was more sick than I had been (which was way sick, so it was bad) and realized that the eggs had gone bad. Needless to say, I refuse to ever eat another egg. To say I was dreading E week was a huge understatement. I just couldn't come up with anything else to do for E week so I sucked it up and gave my kid some eggs.

Bet you can't guess what our book of the week was.

Our verse for the week was Psalm 150:6, Let Everything that has breath praise the Lord! Praise the Lord! We also learned a new song this week!

I started off slowly with the eggs. You know, eased my way in.

See that little square in the top left corner? It's actually this...
(Told you I didn't like eggs.) This has vegetables in it so this is way better than anything I could have come up with anyway. AND I just popped it in the microwave and Ta-da! Instant egg breakfast for E week!

Moving on. I did actually make eggs, I promise.

I boiled them so we could dye eggs.

Then we got in some fine motor practice while she peeled them. (We saved those peelings for later use.)

Then she sampled her 1st boiled egg.

I think she likes it.

We got in some A-B-C-D-E practice by matching plastic egg tops with capital letters to egg bottoms with lowercase letters.

And we used those egg shells to decorate our E for our alphabet book. (She had a little too much fun with the glue.)

We also had a fun date with Lucy's BF Will where we made and ate egg salad sandwiches. Well, they ate egg salad sandwiches.


Of course we threw in some egg hunts. Lots and lots of egg hunts. I actually had to put the eggs away because she was asking for so many egg hunts.

It turned out to be a really fun week and I discovered that Lucy really likes eggs. It's a good thing that Lucy's daddy also really likes eggs and enjoys cooking them. So when Lucy requests eggs in the morning, I get to sleep in and they get to have special Daddy-Lucy time with their eggs. And that, my friends, is why E week was totally worth the stinky, gooey, squishy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment