Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Funny things my kid says.

So when Lucy was about 3 weeks old and sleeping all the time, I had this great idea that I would write down all of the funny things that she said when she started talking. I thought it would be fun for the family to sit down after she graduates from high school and laugh at her toddler talk. But the craziest thing happened. One day she woke up and started moving and who has the time to write down what she says? She talks non-stop. That really is impossible. Maybe we'll just look back at this 1 blog post and have a good giggle instead.

At dinner:
Lucy: "Daddy, what you doin' at work this week?"
(Ummmm hello, when did my 2 year old turn 20???)

In a high school bathroom at a volleyball game:
Lucy: "I stand on my tip-toes like in class."
(Referring to how she was going to reach the very high handle to flush the toilet. The class she is speaking of is dance. Again, when did she turn into a teenager???)

At a high school volleyball game talking to students from Cedar Creek:
Lucy: "I getting a new baby sister soon."
Mommy: "Ummm, really. And where will she be coming from?" (I'm not pregnant people!)
Lucy: "Ummmm..." (Looking around as if she's searching for a baby to call her sister.) "Her name is Belle. I bring her next time."
The sister she's referring to-

At bedtime while saying her prayers:
Lucy: "Dear God, thank you for Mommy. Thank you for Daddy. Mumble, mumble, mumble not go time out or get spanking ANYMORE! Amen."

This was a couple of weeks ago but it fits so I'll add it.
Walking off of an elevator in a building downtown looking for a dance studio:
Lucy: "This is a really tute (cute) building, Mommy.

There are some days I hear a lot of "NOOOOO!" or whining. But those days are totally worth it for days like today when she opens that cute little mouth and says fun stuff like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment