Sunday, June 5, 2011

Saying my goodbyes

After what was, by far, one of the absolute most stressful weeks at work, I can finally say goodbye to:

Medicaid- Oh how I hate how you pile up and become that one chore that I seriously dread doing.

Scheduling meetings- I mean really, what in life is more difficult than coordinating 4-10 different people's schedules?

Waking up early- Yes, I know I will now be waking up to work with a 2 year old and we all know 2 year old's don't exactly sleep in, but she is usually still asleep when I leave for work so an extra hour or so will be fantastic.

Eating leftovers. Every day. For 3 years straight.

Being called "Mrs.Pruitt". Even by other teachers. It's just weird.

Middle school drama- I'm sorry, but the girl that you hate because your ex-boyfriend once gave her a pencil having the same shirt as you is just not a big deal. It's just not.

13 year olds walking around like 25 year old "ladies of the evening"- Did their mom's really let them out of the house like that or did they change at school? And how can a 6th grader be more developed, we'll say, than a 26 year old. I don't get it.

8th grade "Graduation"- This really gets on my nerves. Especially when the 8th graders wear cocktail dresses and tuxes and their parents bring flowers and "Class of 2011" balloons. Really people? No wonder young people today (yes, I am 80, thank you very much) don't feel the need to graduate from high school. "I graduated from 8th grade; doesn't that count?" One student even asked, "Where's my diploma?" Hmmmm college, my friend!

And the absolute one thing that I am so glad to get away from...

This is NOT an actual student of mine.
Middle school attitudes! I promise, if you are getting in trouble it's not because I don't like you, I'm picking on you, or I'm just out to get someone today and you were the 1st person I saw. It's probably because you weren't doing what you were supposed to be doing. I know, this is shocking!

Please don't get me wrong. I really did like my job. But these are those annoying little things that come with the territory that I just won't miss.

As for my first week at my new job... FABULOUS!!! Here's what I'm waking up to each day...
Not a bad trade off, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment