Thursday, June 16, 2011

Product Review and a Recipe

You may (or may not) have noticed that I have never posted a recipe on here. There are 3 very good reasons for this- All of the recipes I use: come from a cookbook or someone else, come out of a box, or come out of a frozen package. Obviously I can't post someone else's recipe and you guys can buy your own packaged stuff. I am not a great cook but I do know how to follow directions so that serves me pretty well in the kitchen. However, in all of my new stay-at-home-mom glory I've had time to think about the important things in life like, "what's for dinner?". The other night I got a little creative so I thought I would share.
Disclaimer: Before you think I'm going to share something ground-breaking and solve all of your dinner worries for the next year, take a deep breath and remember Kraft Macaroni is my favorite food ever so my standards are pretty low.

A few weeks ago I bought some of this


I'm not a fan of cream cheese so I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it was buy one get one free and I had a coupon which made it $.25 so I thought I would give it a try.

A couple of weeks later I bought this on sale
I had some frozen broccoli on hand. Add some cooked pasta (I used bow tie and corkscrew because we like to keep things interesting here at the Pruitt's... or maybe I get this weird thrill out of emptying a container and throwing it away.) Put it all together and you have a meal.



Quick, easy, and edible. The Pruitt's give it 2 thumbs up...


When I use this stuff again (notice I didn't say "if") I may add some garlic and some red peppers or carrots because a colorful plate is a pretty plate (and healthier too).

(I'm feeling just a bit like this girl right about now...)



For dessert, (and I add this only to rub it in for all of the coupon-haters) brownie cookies! For the price a non-couponer would pay for a box of brownies ($2.09 not including tax), I could have bought 41 boxes of brownies. Notice I said "could have" not "did". (I only bought 2 boxes; I'm not fulfilling everyone in Aiken's chocolate need.) For all of you mathematically challenged friends out there, (my hand is waving wildly in the air) I paid $.05 for 1 box of brownies. (Thanks Publix for BOGO Free deals and Duncan Hines for coupons!) So critical coupon basher, enjoy your expensive, overpriced brownies. I sure enjoyed my cheap ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment