Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just your average play date...

As I woke up this morning and prepared for my day I was not planning on blogging about our play date today. However, as you will see, this was not your typical play date so I decided to share. Enjoy!

So a weeks ago one of my very best friends and I began planning out 1st play date of the summer. She recently moved to Hartsville and as you know, we recently moved to Aiken so we are now about 3 hours away from each other. :( Boo!! But thanks to my new job, we are free to plan fun dates for our kids. We decided to meet at Saluda Splash (see link below) at Saluda Shoals in Irmo because it's about half way and this allowed her to pick up the worlds best babysitter who doesn't live far from the park. (Don't take my word for it; ask the random children who she guided across the monkey bars, chatted with, and even allowed to play with her hair. Seriously. I want one of her. Krissy, I need you. Go USC-A!!! We have a Target. And a Chick-fil-a. And a room with your name on it. Pleeeaaasssseeee???)

Where was I? Oh yes, we decided to meet here. (Sorry no pics of our own wet darlings. As I said, I wasn't planning on sharing this.) Lucy and I got there a little early which was good because she had to serve a little time in time-out for throwing her shoe at me while driving because I didn't get the Veggietales cd on quick enough. (1. This is her new thing- throwing stuff at the driver. 2. She gets in big trouble for this. 3. Any suggestions on how to discipline while driving? 4. She did not to get to listen to Veggietales.) So she sat for 2 minutes and we started playing. Just as Jennifer was getting there, I realized I locked my keys in the car. No problem. I called Jeff and being the sweet, understanding husband that he is, he agrees to bring them. (Thanks Mr.) So we play and talk and have a great time. Jeff brings the keys and we decide to go to pick up lunch and take it to Krissy's (Jennifer's cousin, a.k.a. best babysitter in the world. Please Krissy??) neighborhood pool because it is HOT and the mama's need some relief and frolicing in the sprinklers with 100 preschoolers is probably frowned upon. 20 minutes and 1 Walgreens trip later (for swimmies) we're at Chick-fil-a. (Krissy, Jennifer doesn't have one of these... but we do...keep that in mind.) We're at Chick-fil-a along with a million other people. There is no parking space and we have a 2 year old and a 3 year old who need to "tinkle". Krissy hops out in the drive-thru line with one (bless her) and Jeff finally finds a spot, snatches Lucy (also from the drive-thru line) and takes the other (such a great daddy!). We get our food and we're on our way... after a gas stop. But then, the cops show up. Every 100 feet or so along the side of the road near the woods. Apparently a convict has escaped and they are waiting for him to come out of the woods. We make it safely with no convict sighting (I have to admit, that would have been exciting) and eat our lunch by the pool. By the time lunch is over, we've had 2 tinkle breaks (Lucy goes about every 30 minutes. It's a bit much.), and everyone has their suits on and is ready for the pool, we hear thunder. The whistle blows. We all have to get out of the pool. So we give up and go home.

It was great to catch up and the kids had a blast and were oblivious to the chaos. Let's do it again soon, Jenn! Minus the locked keys, escaped cons, and rain. Everything else was good. Oh, and more Kara, please.

3 comments:

  1. My playdate ended with puke all over my backseat, as if we needed more activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! It just gets better and better. Poor little Kish kids. I hope they feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw that I'm on your blogroll on the right...thanks so much!! That's so sweet of you and I really appreciate it! :)

    PS: The convict thing sounds scary!! We live about 20 minutes from a prison, but I think I only remember one escaping so far. Still a little freaky though!

    ReplyDelete