Saturday, September 1, 2012

More on that later...


In my previous post, I stated several times that there would be "more on that later". Well now is later so allow me to explain. As previously stated, I feel like the move into our new house is never ending. As of this week, all boxes in the house have been unpacked (and the contents organized), broken down, and thrown away or put in a pile to save for friends who are moving. Unfortunately this doesn't count the plethora of unopened boxes and random things that were never actually "packed" that have been sitting in the garage for the past 2 months, or the things that were unpacked by my lovely and very much appreciated unpacking assistants (thanks Mom and Teresa!) but still need to be organized in my OCD way. Am I concerned about this? Nope, not at all because it's been for a very good reason...


Our beautiful baby #3! (Isn't that the cutest little frog baby you've ever seen?!)

We found out we were pregnant on Easter morning, me around 6am and Jeff around 7am when he opened an egg in his Easter basket and found a little baby "chick" inside (or a tiny pregnancy test).

FYI: Dollar Tree sells pregnancy tests and they really work. I happened to be in Dollar Tree the day before Easter picking up some things for my 2 love's baskets and noticed their tests were about 1/3 the size of normal tests and thought that would be a fun way to share the news with my Mr. in case it turned out to be positive.

I'll share our initial reactions and feelings of getting pregnant so soon after miscarrying in a later post, but we didn't share the news with our families until about 6.5 weeks (we found out around 4 weeks), the week before the move and it was something to the tune of, "Surprise! We're pregnant. I'm sick and we need help!" As with my pregnancy with Lucy, I started getting sick right around the beginning of week 6 and it was pure misery. My inlaws found out when Jeff texted asking for a prescription for Zopran (the miracle drug!) and my parents found out when I was too sick to get off the couch and too nauseous to walk into my kitchen to clean it before they came for a visit. I went to our final walk through of the house feeling like I was going to use our bathroom for the very 1st time by throwing up in it and going to our house closing was the 1st time I had really been out of bed in days. I was able to unpack most of the kitchen the 1st day we moved in but after that I was pretty much stuck in bed or on the couch for the next 4 weeks. No unpacking, no cleaning, just trying to entertain Lucy while laying down and trying to make it through the day.

I waited a while before sharing the news for a few reasons which (sorry!) will be explained more in a later post. However, you won't have to wait too long. The post is already written and published. Where you ask? On our new blog! The name "Goose Tales" came from Lucy's nickname "Lucy-Goose" shortened to "Goose" and of course our "Tales" are the stories about her so I couldn't blog about a nonGoose on this blog, now could I. (Did you get all that?!) From now on, you can find our stories on "4 P's in a new Pod" at 4pruitts.blogspot.com. You'll still find tales of Lucy and our new little P, as well as progress on the house. I have lots of Pinterest projects planned so please join us over there to watch our lives and home evolve.

No comments:

Post a Comment