Friday, September 23, 2011

A is for Apple (Pruitt Preschool)

We had a bit of a slow start to our preschool days. Lucy had a new cousin who was supposed to make her debut on our 1st day of preschool so Lucy spent the day with her Memaw while I spent the day with my nephew. Kylie decided to take her sweet time so we only got one day of preschool in our first week. We didn't mind one bit because we got to spend some time with our newest and cutest family member.

We started with our "morning meeting" (at 6pm). Our book of the week was:
Our weekly verse was "Keep God as the apple of your eye" Psalm 17:8. (I know Lucy is waaaayyyy too young for idioms, but the whole point is to fill that little mind with scripture starting now while she's very young so, mission accomplished.)

Next we painted with apple stamps.

The painting was used to make Lucy's "A" page for her alphabet book.

For snack, we made applesauce using this recipe without the sugar.

Putting in the apples


Mashing them up

1 and a half thumbs up

Next she searched for "A's" that I hid around the living room. This is now her favorite game. She found a "C" (I'm a few weeks behind on my posts) on her carseat today and got very excited.

Then we did some table work. I used some activities and printables from this site.

Same vs. Different

Saturday was Lucy's Memaw's birthday so we made a homemade apple pie just for Memaw.

Lucy thought the apple pie was delicious!

Lucy had a great time and now says, "Mommy, want to play preschool with me?". I'd say we're off to a great start!

No comments:

Post a Comment